Shimano developed the Dura-Ace BR-9000 caliper from scratch and came up with a "true" dual-pivot design, the BR-9000 moves away from Shimano's legacy where the mounting bolt doubles as the second pivot.
Instead, the 9000 has a rear mounting plate with center bolts for frame attachment. The brake arms are symmetrically positioned on the wheel and work independently of the mounting plate due to the integrated roller cams.
Shimano placed the cable stop on the side, but the new Dual pivot design puts even tension on both arms with every cable pull. Arm takes this one step further, working on a dual bearing system that greatly reduces torsional friction, making lever braking a light, predictable, and powerful experience. In fact, Shimano claims that the BR-9000 has 10% more caliper power than the 7900.
- Compatible with road bikes
- Dual pivot design
- Brakes are sold in pairs
- Compatible with Shimano 9000 STI shifters
- Part of the DURA-ACE 9000 Series
- Maximum tire size: 25 mm Rim width: 19-26 mm /19-28 mm (R55C4-A Carbon)
- Rim width can be from 19 to 28 mm
- Genuine Shimano Replacement Part
- In Excellent condition due to virtually no usage